Sunday, October 5, 2008

Here Comes The Bride

Well....it happened! Kim's officially Mrs. Wallis! Her wedding was at 9 am and we had to be in the sealing room by 8:30 for the ceremony. That made for a way early, way crazy morning for our family! I had to coordinate where to put all the kiddos so we could enjoy the morning! Luckily, I was able to get ahold of our favorite babysitter Holly Vallejo to watch the boys. Jared would be at school all day, so it was just Gavin and Scott that we needed to coordinate. Holly's gone off to college, so I knew getting her would be a challenge, but she was more than willing! Her only draw back was that she had a lab to get to at noon! I didn't know what I'd do, and that's where Amber stepped in! She saved us big time!

We got out of the temple and had about 2 hours to kill before the luncheon that was nearby at a place called the Wight House. So, we thought it'd be a good time to go visit Temple Square and watch the Joseph Smith movie that they have there. Bad idea. I hate crying and it was emotional enough watching my little sister get married, but to add to it the moving biography about Joseph Smith made for a crying fest! It was still nice, but I was wiped out!

The luncheon was nice. Many thanks to Tyson and his family for such a nice afternoon. Someone in his family made up a nice video showing the two of them from when they were babies to now and it was really well done. Very cute! Kim and Tyson looked so happy! Shortly after the luncheon was over we had to run home to get the kids from Amber and get Jared from Jana's, where he played after school until we got home. Thanks a million to Holly, Amber and Jana for helping us out so we could enjoy the morning! We owe you!

We had to be at the reception center by 4:45 for pictures and the reception was from 6-9 pm. It was beautiful. Everything turned out so nicely. Kim chose red gerber daisies and roses for her flowers. Her colors were brown, cream and red. I tried to take candid pictures of everyone dancing and having a great time! Michael got out there with my mom and both my grandmothers. It was cute. He took my one Grandma (Gee) out there, apologizing as he went for the fact that he only sways, knowing that back in her day she was a professional ballroom dancer! Her come back? "No worries. I used to be an instructor, you know." And no, neither of us knew that! You learn something new every day! Everyone had a great time! Kim was stunning and Tyson looked really handsome in his pin-striped tux. All in all, it was a great day. And, to make it even better, we didn't have to clean up at the end of the reception this time! This is the first kid my parents used a reception hall for, and it was fabulous!

7 comments:

Cara said...

Congrats to your sister. Sounds like a marvelous day.

Young Family said...

It all turned out so beautiful!! You and your sister look so pretty in those pictures. Also, the pictures of Michael and your Grandma dancing are priceless--hang on to those forever!! I am glad that you guys had a great day.

Holly said...

What a beautiful wedding and beautiful sister! I can't believe she's already married. I loved all the pictures!

Nancy Zundel said...

That was fun to see you there all decked out and cute in your brown outfit. I'm sorry we couldn't stay longer. When both girls started freaking on me, I just threw my hands up and had to go home. I'm sure you know how that is. Will was mad that I didn't let him stay longer with Jared. I didn't hear the end of it the whole way home.

Leah said...

She looks beautiful! Sounds like a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

She looks Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the awesome pics :) Everyone looks great!

Debbie Hadley said...

What a neat day! I love her wedding colors!