Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jared

Before Jared entered my life, I had absolutely no idea how one child was capable of being sick so often. We've got strep........AGAIN! And I'm labeled a weirdo for being a germ-a-phobe.......do you blame me??? If I recall correctly, Jared had strep a dozen times last year, which resulted in us opting for a tonsillectomy. Well, this would be his third case of strep since that procedure last January. (Twice since school started this year .....school's only been in for a month and a half!!!!) On top of it all, it's really sad to see your kid miss out on things (eg. birthday parties, Christmas parties, block parties) because he's always ill. I guess if you want the glass half full take on it - 3 times sure beats 12! Sorry, had to vent......this is, for all intensive purposes....my journal!!?!

On to more pleasant things.....we had a couple funny conversations while we ran to Walmart real quick to pick out a toy for Dallin (another party for Jared to miss). So as we're walking down one of the aisles Jared says to me, "Mom, I know what I'm going to get you for your birthday that Dad never gets you." Interested in the wording, I replied, "What's that, Jared?" He said,"It starts with an 'F.'....Flowers!" Out of the mouths of babes! Hint! Hint!

Then, while were were in the car on the way home from the Dr's office I thought I'd drive through and get chinese food for lunch. I ordered wontons for the kids, and Jared pipes up, "Wontons! That's a funny word! It's funny....kinda like.... Antoine!" I bursted out laughing! I'm sure Antoine (Few) will get a laugh out of that one. I'm glad I could get a laugh in, 'cause I've been distracted by how my day's started.

Here's to health!

2 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm so sorry he is sick AGAIN! If I hear of a miracle cure for strep I'll let you know. At least he has a sense of humor. (-:

Mindi said...

Poor Jared. I hope he's on the mend. Hang in there.