Saturday, October 4, 2008

School Carnival

So, I have to admit, that I feel a bit guilty that this year's visit to the school carnival had a time constraint. I hate being hurried, esp. with my Type A personality, it's not a good thing to put myself in the way of panic. But, does that stop me? It appears.....that it doesn't. Coincidentally enough, my little sister Kim was planning on going through one of our LDS temples for her first time that night, so we were all going to go with her. We've also had plans in the works to go out to dinner first, also, and that meant that we had to meet at the restaurant at 5:00. Last year the school carnival started at 4:00, so I was under that assumption. I should know better than to assume; I've been wrong too many times! It turned out that the carnival started at 4:30, so that put me in a bit of a panic. I figured we'd have to make it to the end of the dinner, if we'd make it at all, so the kids could have some fun too. Talk about stressful! So, I tried to play it cool, like there wasn't any pressure to hurry and get the carnival activities done, and I thought I managed to pull it off pretty well. I have to say though, that as we left, Jared said to me " Mom, that was the greatest time, even if it was just 1/2 an hour." "An hour," I corrected him. And yes, it was fun. We managed to not make it to the restaurant until 5:45, and all their entrees were coming out as we sat down. Oh well, at least we got there!

So, I'm posting pictures that consist of Jared and Gavin dunking Mr. T (which, I might add, Jared was dead set on doing) and the boys playing that stick game where you try to pull each other over. I have to laugh at the look of determination on Jared's face - he always sticks his tongue out when he's extre.mely focused! Also, I couldn't pass up a picture of them roping a "cow." Those pictures make me laugh too. My boys are real cowboys! They figured out that if you stand right alongside the PVC pipe cow, they're really easy to rope! And, of course.....shooting off rockets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie Hadley said...

I guess I needed to go to the carnival early to avoid the crowds. Glad you got to spend some time there.