Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Reflections

Last year I lacked the motivation to promote the Reflections contest at school, but this year we attempted an entry for Jared. I'd read the terms for the entries and in it, it calls or "original" works of art, so I thought maybe we wouldn't put Jared's pictures in, since his favorite subject to draw are Veggie Tales. I wasn't sure if that's considered "unoriginal" because they're characters everyone knows. So, I let the competition slip. But last minute, I called the school to ask what they thought and the secretary said she thought that meant that the kids couldn't trace something or copy it out of a book at the copy store and color it. I also called the lady over Reflections from the PTA and she said she thought the same.

In conclusion (to make a short point, long...), I'm hoping it's OK to enter what he drew and that it's not disqualified (because the characters are not his original idea). That would be sad. So.....the night before, we managed to get something together. What am I teaching my son???? That's totally the type of student I was as a kid, even in college, (and OK.....probably still am) and I'm rubbing off my bad habits already!!! For what it's worth, I did consider it way before then, but didn't think he could enter his Veggie Tales. Oh, well! It turned out great and I'm so proud of my boy! Sorry Jared for rushing you!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

He did a great job regardless. It looks really nice.