Thursday, October 9, 2008

Kids, I mean....Gavin Says the Darndest Things

Gavin's said a few really cute things lately. Yesterday, (I swear I don't know how it came up), Gavin brought up babies being in their Mom's tummies. The conversation went something like this:
"Mom, how do babies get inside your tummy?"
"I've told you before. Heavenly Father puts them there when it's time." He then sat and thought about that for a minute.
"I know. So Jesus gave you some of his powers when you get a baby in your tummy, so you can make a baby."

I thought about that for a minute and told him he was right. It's kind of neat to think of it that way. I think the whole concept of Jesus' "powers" comes from whenever the kids have had bad dreams, we tell them to say a prayer and then the bad dreams can't stay around. We've told them that Jesus always wins and that bad things can't stick around when we ask Him to help us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's another one: This morning I'm sitting on the floor and Gavin starts running his fingers through my hair. Then he starts trying to grab it all and nicely put in on my head. I asked "What are you doing, silly?"
"There. Now you look stylin' Mom."
Who knows where he picked that up from!